Thursday, December 16, 2010

Taking Comfort Against the Odds

Learning to take Hope from Psalm 3

"1Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. 2Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah."

The enemy will try to use our circumstances to get us to lose hope in our God. When it seems like the world is against us and we don't see immediate hope in God the enemy will try to get us to feel like we are all alone. Don't lose heart in those situations dear beloved of God, for our God is always with us and always for us.

"3But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. 4I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah."

Rejoice and take hold of the confidence we have in God.

"5I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me. 6I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. 7Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly."

Be at peace and rest in God. He is greater then tens of thousands of people. There is no situation that you have been placed in that God has not put you in. Know that whatever you go through in life God will always be your deliverer, dear child of God.

"8Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah."




Photo Credit _olga_
for
CC: Noncommercial use Requiring Attribution

0 comments:

Post a Comment